Download a free FileMaker 15 trial here: FileMaker Trial
The FileMaker Training Series: Basics
The FileMaker Training Series:The latest addition to the training curriculum is the FileMaker Training Series: Basics, a free downloadable ebook. This series focuses on the features and benefits of the FileMaker Platform and highlights the newest version, FileMaker 15. Learn how to build a sample FileMaker app from start to finish. FileMaker has not updated this for version 16, but 90% of the content is still relevant.
- Ready to be more productive and say goodbye to paper forms, spreadsheet and apps that can just do one thing?
- Want to use your professional expertise to create software solutions that uses your real-world knowledge?
- Could you add an hour or more to your day by investing time now in learning how to use FileMaker to be more efficient?
Then, you are ready to learn how to use the FileMaker Platform to create custom business solutions. Our professional training will help you get the most out of the FileMaker Platform including information on:
ALSO: Lynda.com FileMaker Training: Learning FileMaker 16
In this course, Cris Ippolite walks through the essential FileMaker Pro skills, from creating tables to managing fields and records and working with layouts. The course shows how to find and sort data, create reports, import and export data, create scripts, and diagram relationships, and more.
Learn how to design and build smart, secure databases with FileMaker Pro 16—the database solution used everywhere from home offices to Fortune 500 companies all around the world. Cris Ippolite, drawing on years of experience with clients at his own development firm, iSolutions, walks through the essential FileMaker Pro skills, from creating tables and fields to designing layouts that display your data in a smart way. He’ll also show you how to find and sort data, create reports, import and export data, write scripts, diagram relationships, and more. Watch now to start learning how to build your first database from scratch.
- Comparing flat vs. relational databases
- Creating databases from starter solutions
- Determining what tables you need
- Understanding relationship types
- Defining key fields and creating relationships between tables
- Creating and working with fields, including container fields
- Creating, duplicating, editing, and deleting records
- Importing and exporting data
- Working with layout themes
- Using layout parts and tools
- Formatting layout objects
- Finding and sorting data
- Creating value lists
- Printing and saving
- Building reports, including subsummary reports and quick charts
- Using the Calculation dialog
- Creating and triggering scripts in the Script workspace
- Working with script triggers